Two more weeks before the first 12 Week Year of 2021 ends. What happened? It’s as if January 2021 just started three weeks ago.
If you’re new to my blog, I’m following the 12 Week Year to achieve my 2021 goals. Its objective is to shorten the year (52 weeks, 365 days) to 12 weeks to be able to do more. At first, you may think it’s counterintuitive, but when you understand the reason, you’ll realize it has a point. Think about Parkinson’s Law: work expands to fill the allotted time. The more time you have to finish a task, the longer it will take you. If you want a detailed explanation of the concept, you can read the full blog post here.
How low can I get? I only finished 1 out of the 5 things I should’ve done this week!
- Scheduling content for my freelancing Instagram account
I didn’t get to…
- Write Week 9 blog updates — just wrote it today!
- Write Week 10 blog updates — writing it now, at the beginning of Week 11 (Sunday)!
- Post one evergreen post, but I did write a draft for it
- Finalize my freelancing website
Challenges & Solutions
I usually work on my blog after work, but this week was different. I only worked 2 days on my blog, and that’s when I wrote the blog draft, which I still didn’t get to finish!
The challenge for this week was overcoming my laziness. I’ve been a little demotivated because of the following:
- my blog’s traffic is not growing, and I need to study more traffic-generating tips and tricks
- my blog is not “pretty” enough and I have to revamp it
- my blogging schedule is messed up
Those are just a few of my issues right now, but I’m trying to be more visible in this blog. I just need to take a week off from everything and restrategize.